Friday, August 14, 2009

I don't like Haikus
They really say nothing real
Because they are short

...umm.
Crap.


Hi.
My friend Kayleigh wrote me a poem today. It suited me so well, put a huge smile on my face. I love it. And it really got me thinking about writing.
People have always told me I'm a good writer, and I've never understood it. I've never written a story, I've never written a poem. My grandma talks about how great of a writer I am, or whatever, but the only time she ever sees my writing is when we email back and forth.
I do not understand!
What makes a good writer? All I do is babble my thoughts (like right now), so how does this make me different from any other person? Is it just the way I think? Does it transfer to text well?
I realize that there are no golden rules that define a good writer, or anything. But it was just a thought.
What makes a good writer?
And why is it that even though I don't like creative, fictional writing, people tell me I'd be good at it?
Granted, it's mostly my family who tells me that. But why would they keep pushing after I say no, if they didn't mean it?

I've just realized that I have no viewers. Who is going to answer my questions??

3 comments:

Bethany said...

Hello....I'm a viewer... :)
You don't post often enough! lol

Sophie said...

haha hey Bethany! I know, I don't post nearly often enough. Honestly, I forget I have a blog half the time. :P

Kathy said...

Hi Sophie!

I think it IS the way you think and yes, it does transfer to text well. You are clever, witty and intelligent and you speak your mind. Oh, and you seem to care about words in general as well as grammar and spelling, that sort of thing.
BUT, just because you are good at something doesn't mean it interests you, and that is where it all comes back to you!
You could give it a try privately or write your thoughts here a bit more often.
This is "just" your mom talkin' of course but I think I'm pretty sharp at times too.:o) xoxo